Monday, March 14, 2011

How to remove Write Protection from USB Pen Drive?

Recently I faced a very strange issue with my USB Pen Drive. When I tried to copy some files from my Laptop to Pen Drive, an error message popped up saying the USB Pen Drive is write protected. Then I tried deleting files and even formatting the USB Pen Drive, but it shows the same error message. I was only able to read the files and nothing else.

Write Protection error in USB Pen Drive

Some of the pen drives come with physical lock which we can use to switch on/off write protection on pen drive. But I have Kingston Pen Drive and it doesn't have any physical lock for write protection.

I searched on Internet and found that this problem can happen due to some virus attack. This happens when some virus or script which applies the registry hack to make any drive write protect when connected to the computer. And in case of virus attack, a pen drive with physical lock will also face the same problem even after switching off the physical lock for write protection.

Finally I found an utility program (Repair_v2.9.1.1.exe) which has successfully formatted my pen drive and after formatting it has started working again. I have downloaded this utility from http://fliiby.com/file/299859/k19kx1o9a6.html

No comments:

Post a Comment